Contact: Justin Cross, Director of Syndicated Research
Phone & Fax (888) 722-6723
Nonprofits Across the U.S. Recommend Top Accounting Solutions
Survey results lead to two Campbell Awards.
VALENCIA, CA – Two products received coveted Campbell Awards for their exceptional ratings in a recent nationwide survey of approximately 2,400 users of accounting software and online solutions for nonprofits.
Sage Software's Sage MIP Fund Accounting is honored for being the most recommended product among users from nonprofits with annual revenue of at least $5 million. This is Sage MIP Fund Accounting's third-consecutive Campbell Award.
The Financial Edge from Blackbaud is honored for being the most recommended product among users from nonprofits with annual revenue of less than $5 million.
"We are very pleased to receive the Campbell Award for The Financial Edge, our fund accounting solution developed specifically to handle the complex and unique practices of nonprofit financial management,” said Lou Attanasi, Blackbaud’s senior vice president of products. “We have been partnering with nonprofit organizations for more than 25 years, and it is only through this tight connection with our customers and our focus on innovation that we can continue to offer leading solutions. To be recognized by our customers in this way is an honor and is evidence of our true collaboration with them.”
Microsoft Dynamics GP and the nonprofit edition of Sage Software's Peachtree by Sage were also recommended frequently by responding nonprofit staff.
"We are honored to receive such high recognition from our customers," said Krista Endsley, senior vice president and general manager for Sage Software's Nonprofit Solutions. "Sage MIP Fund Accounting is designed to improve the daily lives of nonprofit accounting professionals, while our ultimate goal is to help organizations demonstrate financial and organizational accountability to their boards and constituents. Receiving this third consecutive Campbell Award speaks volumes to our product team’s efforts to deliver a superior fund accounting solution tailored to not only smaller nonprofits, but also larger organizations."
One key finding of the study is that fully 10% of nonprofits that use commercial solutions for nonprofit accounting now rely primarily on Internet-based solutions for their accounting needs. The remaining 90% of nonprofits use locally-installed software. The trend is toward higher and higher percentages of nonprofits using Internet-based solutions.
"Nonprofit staff members seldom have an open-forum opportunity like this to voice their opinions about the solutions available to them," said Dirk Rinker, President of Campbell Rinker. “It is great to learn which software developers set the industry standard for usability and customer service, and we’re glad to recognize their efforts with this Campbell Award."
The survey was conducted online between November and December of 2007. The survey gathered information on user satisfaction, pricing preferences, purchasing habits, and organizational scope. Campbell Rinker thoroughly screened respondents to ensure accurate results. Twenty-four percent of survey respondents have final purchase authority for accounting solutions, and more than eight in ten respondents report using their primary accounting solution at least once a week.
Campbell Rinker specializes in providing market research to the nonprofit world. As members of the Council of American Survey Research Organizations and the Marketing Research Association, Campbell Rinker follows a code of ethics designed to set an example for others in the research community. Questions and requests for Campbell Rinker can be sent through campbellrinker.com/contact_us.html. Additional survey results are available at campbellrinker.com/temp/2007_SNP_Report.pdf.